“Technology feeds on itself. Technology makes more technology possible”.
Today I completely believe on this saying because technology has made the usage of technology easier.
I mean to say that if we talk about gadgets, from a calculator to a microscope, everything has been modified and streamlined to the easiest mode.
Today I will tell you about the modifications done in the microscopes and how they are proving to be more helpful and reliable.
Introduction: Microscopes are generally available with a single lens along with sophisticated imaging systems. They vary on the basis of their resolution, illumination method, field of view, magnification, type of image, degree of mechanization, etc.
What I like about microscopes is their reasonable price; you can also checkout online if there are microscopes for sale, you can get one for yourself according to your utility.
How To Classify A Microscope?
On The basis of radiation source, microscopes can be widely classified as electron, light, and confocal.
Note: Light microscopes use perceptible light as the energy (radiation) source.
At present, there are two microscopes that are been used quite often, these days:
• Stereo Microscopes
• Digital microscopes
A) Stereomicroscope: A stereo microscope is considered as one of the light microscopes of all. It comprises of two eyepieces. Due to this, it is more beneficial than a conventional microscope.
1. A key benefit of stereo microscopes is that it enables the viewers to see objects in 3 scopes (dimensions). Usually, microscopes only display objects in two dimensions.
2. People in the microbiology field, medical field or even the scientists’ use microscopes. Any kind of survey they are doing in regards to insects, plants, or anything else, they will able to view them in all three dimensions.
3. This microscope offers the most accurate viewing experience that anyone could imagine.
B) Digital microscope: A digital microscope is considered as a marvel of modern science. This microscope consists of a consistent digital camera that is fixed inside it.
1. The reason behind attaching a digital camera inside the microscope was to capture the images while viewing them through the microscope and further if required can be projected on the monitor of the computer and saved as well.
You can collect more information on digital microscopes from various educational sources also.
2. Digital microscope is preferred more in educational institutions; because it lets numerous people view the specimen at once. In addition, maximum data can be saved at once in digital microscopes, which again makes it a great tool for research.